Has your malocclusion been bothering you for a while now? If so, you could be having a few orthodontic treatment options on your mind, such as metal braces, clear braces, clear plastic aligners, etc. If you consult us, we would recommend Invisalign due to the benefits that it offers and the technology backing it.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a state-of-the-art orthodontic aligner that is made from a transparent plastic material. It is custom-fabricated according to each patient's malocclusion, making it highly effective and comfortable to wear. Patients who do not wish to reveal their orthodontic treatment fearing themselves getting embarrassed can choose Invisalign as the aligners stay in disguise. However, they are just as effective as dental braces in terms of correcting a malocclusion.
What are its advantages?
- They can be used to treat all types of malocclusion issues, ranging from simple to complex.
- Since they are made from transparent plastic, you can keep your orthodontic treatment discreet.
- Teenagers can confidently wear Invisalign to school or college and not worry about getting mocked by their friends.
- The technology backing Invisalign is highly advanced. Patients can have a clear idea about how their teeth will look after the treatment period and how long it would take to complete it.
- The aligners have blue color indicators on their walls. Parents can keep a close eye on whether or not their child is using the aligners as recommended by checking the indicators regularly.
- Patients can eat anything they want to during the treatment period. The aligners will have to be taken off before consuming food, and the teeth should be cleaned thoroughly before putting them back on.
- Patients need not worry about getting oral injuries due to the aligners, as in the case of metal braces. Invisalign is entirely metal-free and doesn't contain any sharp edges or brackets that could injure the soft tissues.
What makes Invisalign better than braces?
- Invisalign is much safer compared to braces. The chances of getting injured are close to none.
- They are removable. When you feel the need to remove the aligner for a brief period of time, it can be done easily.
- Having braces is an uncomfortable feeling. But, in the case of Invisalign, such an issue doesn't arise.
- The results can be seen easily at every stage of the treatment, which isn't possible with braces.
For more information about Invisalign or to schedule a consultation with the professional Dentist in Sunnyvale CA, call our office in Sunnyvale at 408-830-0123.